Director of E-Commerce
Knix is looking for a Director of E-Commerce to join our growing team! He/she will report directly into the CMO and will be responsible for all activities related to the company’s direct-to-consumer websites, including the customer journey, merchandising, conversion optimization and personalization. He/she will also play a key role in the company’s global expansion strategy, working closely with operations to ensure the end-to-end customer journey is streamlined, and building out new sites as we continue to expand into new markets. The ideal candidate is data-driven and comfortable operating both high and low, seamlessly transitioning between strategy, analysis and execution.
OWN THE E-COMMERCE EXPERIENCE
- Accountable for the entire E-Commerce experience, including product optimization, strategic roadmap prioritization, and performance metrics and reporting.
- Drive product innovation across all aspects of E-Commerce touchpoints including building out A/B testing frameworks.
- Lead initiatives to improve the Customer Experience, such as site speed and performance as well as optimization of core flows.
- Own the personalization efforts across the platform and creating a data infrastructure that allows personalization to continue throughout our retention strategies.
- Leverage frontend and backend tools to continuously improve the user experience.
- Develop best-in-class virtual fit tools to help customers find their best fit on purchase one.
MERCHANDISING & INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION
- Oversee site product merchandising across a growing portfolio of sites.
- Leverage our site to tell product stories, developing the content and UX to best communicate our product’s point of difference.
- Develop on-site merchandising strategies to increase AOV.
- Lead international roll out as the company continues to add more country specific sites and expand into new markets.
- Develop country specific merchandising strategies tied to consumer insights and seasonality.
- Onboard new E-commerce tools ensuring a seamless adoption.
- Oversee the integration with third party partners, including our 3PL, returns and exchange platform.
- Develop a promotional calendar and peak season planning to ensure a seamless customer experience from first interaction through to product received.
REPORTING AND INSIGHTS
- Own the reporting function, overseeing daily, weekly and monthly dashboard creation on KPIs and their impact on overall business performance.
- Conduct deep analysis to understand user behavior across all digital channels to help improve site engagement and increase conversion of key metrics.
- Develop efficient data warehousing tools to store customer information as we continue to scale.
- Leverage customer insight and constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks in order to recommend strategies and tactics.
LEADERSHIP & DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Work closely with the Marketing team to best leverage traffic coming to the site from various acquisition driven strategies and optimize for conversion
- Foster collaboration and partnership across various departments.
- Lead, develop and manage direct reports.
- Actively recruit and hire talent within the department and the company.
- 10+ years of product management experience in E-Commerce sites including a minimum of 3+ years leading an E-Commerce team.
- Subject matter expert on E-Commerce technologies and platforms including store, cart/checkout, payments, profile set up, etc.
- Experience with working on an international brand or launching to international markets.
- Knowledge and expertise in User Experience; in particular, prior experience leading the UX for key areas of the E-Commerce experience.
- Successful track record of hiring and retaining top talent.
- Team player. Putting others before your self and actively engaging other stakeholders.
- Endlessly curious. Always asking how good can be great.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, dynamic, strategic and results-oriented.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills.
- A critical thinker with the ability to lead an organization through change and growth.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- Well versed in agile development methodologies and A/B testing methodologies for feature releases.
- Ability to go high and low - make high level strategic proposals and also do individual work and in-depth analysis.
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams and business partners.