Vice President of Finance
The Vice President of Finance will lead the team responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, and planning and analysis functions for the company. This includes but is not limited to annual budgets, internal management reporting, banking and investor reporting, forecasting, gross margin reviews and target setting. The role will partner with the CEO for financing and capital fundraising activities. This will include cashflow and capital planning, pitch deck and model preparation, presentations, due diligence and legal transaction activities. He/she will work closely with other members of the leadership team and use their expertise to manage cross departmental projects and the overall business objectives.
- You are more than a numbers person. You love having an active voice and want to take the company to the next level with your financial finesse!
- You are calm and confident, with a rational approach to lead and influence in a vibrant and dynamic environment.
- You appreciate the highs and lows of this role, flexing between strategy and hands-on work allows you to get the full 360-degree view of the company and the opportunities.
- You’re a proven leader and people developer, you care about your team and inspire them to be their best in everything that they do.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive, and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting requirements for investor and banking purposes including P&L, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Review of bank compliance certificates, covenant calculations, and bank margin requirements.
- Manage external reporting timelines for all stakeholders, including investors.
- Preparation of financial context and variance analysis.
- Develop and review internal management reporting, including KPI’s and dashboards to measure results of business decisions.
- Oversee the efficiency cycle around inventory management, turnover, and risk.
- Manage and report on cash flow projections.
- Develop multi year forecasts and updates of the business plan during the year to assess actual vs planned financial performance.
CAPITAL ACCESS AND MANAGEMENT
- Partner with CEO & Founder on any capital raise initiatives as required: from legal due diligence, negotiation, to structure, to preparation of analysis around capital use and specific performance.
- Develop models, presentations decks and data room assets for a smooth fundraising process
- Work closely with our banking partner to ensure that trade credit, operating lines and other working capital financing options are growing at scale with the company
PROFITIABILITY AND BUSINESS HEALTH
- Oversee gross margin and profitability metrics and work closely with senior leadership team to ensure that monthly targets are being met, and course corrections are taking place.
- Sign off on all inventory planning and purchasing, developing processes and procedures to ensure that inventory KPIs are being met.
- Create and strengthen internal control procedures across the company, along with any systems and platform implementations.
- Continuously identify opportunities for business and financial improvement, and lead task force groups to execute and implement solutions.
- Prepare and oversee business case analysis for new launches and large-scale initiatives such as international expansion.
LEGAL AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Oversee all legal and risk management functions for the company, including general corporate risk, IP protection, IT risk, etc.
- Implement risk mitigation measures and ensure that safeguards are in place for the business as a whole.
- Support the sourcing of appropriate legal support with requisite expertise when required.
- Manage company’s insurance portfolio, and identify opportunities for other protection mechanisms.
- A CPA is a must, an MBA is an asset.
- A solid understanding of how a product based business operates globally, including inventory, costing, supply chain and international sales.
- Experience raising outside capital, M&A or prior work experience in private equity is a must.
- Experience in a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization is an asset.
- Well-skilled in working with other departments to provide a financial view to their function and responsibilities.
- 10+ years of finance experience in senior Finance roles.
Think you fit with Knix? Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “JOBS: VP of Finance”