Casper Contest Details
GIVEAWAY RULES & REGULATIONS
Knix Contest Rules – Casper (1 Queen-sized Casper Mattress, ARV $1,175 CAD/$995 USD )
The Knix Sleep Short Launch contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and operated by Knix.
1. Eligibility. To participate in a Contest, the entrant must be a legal resident of United States of America or Canada (excluding Quebec); be a natural person (i.e., not a corporate entity); have reached the legal age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry into a Contest; and have complied with the Contest rules as provided herein (the “Rules”). Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Knix or Casper Sleep Inc. (“Casper”), its affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of whether they live) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related), of each of the above are not eligible to win. This Contest is not eligible to persons residing in the Province of Quebec.
2. How to Enter. The entry period for the Contest starts February 22nd, 2019 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends on March 3rd, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, participants must complete the survey via an email link specific to that Contest Period from Knix. Each successfully completed and submitted entry into the contest will be deemed a "Contest Entry" for the Contest Period to which it applies. As an entrant, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
Three (3) additional entries will be allotted to anyone who has purchased a pair of Knix Sleep Shorts through the contest period. Up to a maximum of twelve (12) entries (four (4) pairs of sleep shorts).
Entrants may be invited to consent to receive promotional emails from Knix and Casper. Providing consent to receive promotional emails is not a requirement to participate in a Contest. Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Knix website via the Internet. Knix does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Knix website.
By entering a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Rules. An entrant may not submit more than one Contest Entry via the entry form per Contest Period. If it is discovered that an entrant has submitted more than one Contest Entry, such entrant will be disqualified from participating in the Contest. Any attempt or suspected attempt by an entrant to submit more than one Contest Entry in the given Contest Period, by using multiple email addresses or any other means will void all Entries for such entrant. Entries that are late, lost, incomprehensible, misdirected, contain an erroneous phone and/or email address or that do not otherwise conform to the Rules may be disqualified by Knix. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, invalid or illegible Entries (all of which are void). Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Knix.
3. Prize. There is one prize (the “Prize”) consisting of a “_____ sized Casper Mattress”, available to be won by one (1) individual Prize winner (the “Winner”). The maximum
cash value per Prize is $_________ USD. The Prize will be distributed within 365 calendar days after the Winner has been successfully notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, substitutable, refundable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Knix in its sole and absolute discretion). Knix reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, a cash award. None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. Any other costs or expenses, including taxes on the Prize, incurred by the Winner in claiming or using the Prize, not expressly stated herein as being included in the Prize, will be the responsibility of the Winner.
4. Chances of Winning. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible Entries received by Knix.
5. Winner Selection. Within 7 days of the Contest Period deadline at 70 Claremont Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, a single entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The selected entrants will be notified by Knix or its agents by telephone or email no later than 14 days following the contest deadline at 11:59pm EST and must respond within 7 calendar days of notification. If the selected entrants do not respond accordingly, fails to comply with any of the requirements herein, or otherwise fails to comply with the Rules, he or she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected in Knix’s sole discretion. Knix is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or of
Knix to receive a selected entrant’s response. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by email, to comply with the Rules, and to sign and return the Release (described below).
6. Release by Winner. Before being declared the Winner, the selected entrant will be required to complete, sign and return to Knix a declaration of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (the “Release”), within 5 business days of receiving such form of Release. Under the terms of the Release, the selected entrant will confirm compliance with the Rules and release the Contest Parties and each of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or the goods and/or services of which the Prize is comprised or for which it is redeemed. The Released Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility or injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery, receipt, possession, and/or subsequent use or misuse of the Prize or the goods and/or services of which the Prize is comprised or for which it is redeemed.
7. Privacy. By entering a Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Contest Parties storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the Winner consents to Knix’s use of his/her name, photographs and/or likenesses, addresses (city/province/state/territory), biographical information, voice, and statements made by or attributed to him/her, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including,
8. Limitation of Liability and Release. By participating in a Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused or provided by Contest entrants, Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries, (b) any theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries or the Contest website, (c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, (d) any failure of the website during the Contest, (e) any failure of any entry to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems, internet traffic, or any combination thereof, (f) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading or accessing materials related to the Contest, (g) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, (h) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein, (i) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as the Winner and/or (f) any combination of the above.
9. General. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations of the participants, Knix or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
Mass Entries, automated Entries, Entries submitted by third parties, and any Entries or Prize claims that are late, fraudulent or delayed will be void. All decisions of Knix with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants without any right of appeal. Knix’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
Knix reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw, or amend the Contest or Rules in any way, without prior notice or obligations, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond the control of Knix that interferes with the conduct of the Contest.
Knix reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Knix) for the purposes of verifying
the entrant’s eligibility, the legitimacy of any entry, and/or Prize claim, or for any other reason Knix deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the Contest in accordance with the Contest Rules or awarding the Prize.