Director of Digital Marketing
Knix is on the hunt a Director of Digital Marketing that is passionate and obsessed about achieving maximum ROI through the strategic development of consumer acquisition and retention plans. The Director of Digital Marketing will be accountable for all digital marketing efforts from strategy to execution of all online marketing programs, initiatives and campaigns, including email, paid search, paid social, affiliate and other paid online marketing programs. He/she will also oversee the Knix’s digital marketing team, digital marketing agencies and any other supporting vendors that ensure maximum success of digital marketing programs. He/she will partner with cross-team stakeholders including brand marketing, creative development, product development and eCommerce.
- You live and breathe digital marketing, always thinking of new and different ways to do things but also know when to stick to what works.
- You’re comfortable in flexing between strategy, leading a team and also doing the nitty-gritty execution.
- You’re an effective communicator – up, down and with your peers – you appreciate and champion openness and collaboration.
- You thrive working in a dynamic fast-paced environment – you love to hustle and it excites you!
- You’re a proven leader and people developer, you care about your team and inspire them to be their best in everything that they do.
- You are data driven, a builder at heart and are inspired by creating structure from ambiguity.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive, and inspired by Knix and our mission
- Accountable for acquisition and retention goals, particularly retention rate and cost per acquisition.
- Responsible for aligning plans to P&L budgets and showing a path to achieving budgets efficiently.
- Lead the strategic direction of all online acquisition initiatives including SEM, Affiliate, Display, Social Advertising and other effective online digital marketing opportunities.
- Lead the strategic direction of all online retention initiatives including email, paid social and other opportunities to continuous reach active consumers and re-engage.
- Champion the online Customer experience, understanding and effectively communicating their behaviour in order to increase retention and LTV.
- Direct and lead the Data Analyst on all reporting to provide customer insights, including dashboards for tracking online activities, campaign optimization and post-mortems.
- Share insights and collaborate with various departments in order to develop and implement new or optimize the digital efforts based on the insights.
- Accountable to the development and monitoring of all Digital Marketing budgets on a project, initiative, agency and/or function basis.
- Test progressive and innovative ideas to position Knix as a leader in the digital marketing arena.
- Oversee all agencies and third-party vendors to accelerate Knix’s digital goals.
- Amplify and expand on larger brand initiatives and/or product launches with digital programs.
- Lead, develop and manage direct reports, fostering an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
- Actively recruit, hire and retain talent for the Digital Marketing team
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Brand Marketing, Creative, Finance, Operations, Design & Merchandising and other teams in order to move Digital Marketing and overall business objectives forward.
- Stay abreast of the latest digital industry trends, platforms and technologies
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing role with a focus on digital marketing
- 5+ years of managing direct reports, with a strong focus on fostering the professional development and growth of your team.
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to find new opportunities for business growth
- Proven track record of identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns, ideally at a consumer brand.
- Skilled at using KPIs to provide actionable insights as well as determine optimizations
- Deep understanding of DTC brand strategies that work effectively and profitably.
- Experience of connecting the dots between marketing channel budgets and goals to company P&L budgets.
- Strong communicator and ability to build relationships cross-functionally and with external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluidly across strategy, analysis and execution.
- A motivated, positive, proactive, and transparent attitude