Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator will be a key member of the People & Culture team in providing administrative and tactile support with the day-to-day HR operations for Knix – you will be the “face” of the People & Culture team, often the first point of contact to candidates, new hires or general inquiries from employees. The Human Resources Coordinator will be the gatekeeper of all employee records, coordinate payroll data (not process it), administer benefits, provide full-cycle recruitment support and be part of additional HR projects/initiates that will impact and shape the company. Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, this is an exciting opportunity for an eager and enthusiastic HR professional to roll up their sleeves to help a company grow while pursuing their CHRP designation!
- You are organized and an expert at juggling multiple competing priorities without missing a beat. You have a great system to keep yourself, your files and those that you interact with organized.
- You are curious and resourceful. You want to learn new things and will ask questions on how it fits with the bigger picture.
- You’re not afraid to seek out solutions to roadblocks but also have the common sense to ask for help when you’re stuck. It’s ok to not know the answer!
- You understand and uphold confidentiality throughout the entire employee lifecycle from recruitment through to transition.
- You are a people-person and possess strong communication skills.
- You have a willingness to learn and have fun. We are a fun team, love to laugh and have a good time together at work!
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Create and maintain all employee records.
- Update and maintain organizational charts, files, templates, reports and reference documents.
- Partner with the Financial Analyst and the payroll provider to coordinate any payroll changes – e.g. new hires, terminations, salary changes, statutory holiday pay, etc. Liaise with the payroll provider to resolve any issues.
- Support employees and managers with any inquiries on the HRIS.
- Administer all benefits enrollment, changes and terminations. Liaise with the benefits provider to resolve any issues.
- Create any ad hoc reports, templates, reference documents, as required.
- Coordinate and schedule all phone screens and in-person interviews.
- Actively source candidates and provide initial candidate phone screens, as required.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment to hiring managers for assigned open positions.
- Organize and ensure the internal Careers inbox is up-to-date.
- Ensure all postings, whether on the Knix career site or external sites, are accurate and active. Remove all postings once filled.
- Ensure accurate and prompt communication to successful and unsuccessful candidates. Cultivate a positive candidate experience for all candidates.
- Research and participate in schools, job fairs, open houses, and other industry events.
- Partner with the Office Manager to ensure new hires are set up in advance of their first day.
- Support with the overall onboarding process of hired candidates into the company. Continue the communication from signing of the paperwork to their first day and beyond.
- Coordinate and conduct the first day onboarding for new hires.
PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
- Support with any additional HR and/or People & Culture projects and initiatives based on department objectives and the needs of the business – e.g. Health & Safety, culture and engagement initiatives, etc.
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or related discipline. Working towards a CHRP designation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a HR Coordinator or HR Specialist, in a growing company.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in recruiting for associate-level roles.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Results-driven with a proven ability to multitask in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Passionate and energetic with strong interpersonal skills.
- A "get it done", no task is too small (or too big!) attitude!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Think you fit with Knix? Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: “JOBS: Human Resources Coordinator”