Director of Brand Marketing
Knix is on the hunt for a creative and customer-centric Director of Brand Marketing to lead Knix’s non-paid marketing efforts, ensuring all online and offline brand and value propositions are compelling and is consistent in everything that we do. The Director of Brand Marketing will own strategy across all non-performance marketing channels, including Knix’s social media, influencer relationships, brand partnerships and collaborations, and public relations. He/she will partner with cross-team stakeholders to ensure Knix’s paid acquisition efforts perform more effectively and think of ways to increase customer retention and LTV.
- You’re a proactive marketer, always thinking of new and different ways to do things.
- You’re a big ideas person who also knows how to get things done.
- You’re passionate about driving organic growth and long-term customer love, comfortable to flex between strategy, leading a team and the nitty-gritty execution.
- You’re an effective communicator and project manager who never misses a crucial detail.
- You always have an eye out for cool ways brands are engaging with customers or extending their reach—and you always ask the question, “Is this ROI positive?”
- You’re a proven leader and people developer, you care about your team and inspire them to be their best in everything that they do.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive, and inspired by Knix and our mission.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Develop and lead on all of Knix’s social media strategy. Lead the social team on the execution of strategies and non-paid social marketing efforts across all platforms.
- Develop and continue to foster strong relationships with a roster of social influencers. Be the main point of contact to social influencers and foster authentic and ongoing relationships with these influencers.
- Own the influencer strategy and conceive strategies to the influencer network in an ongoing an
- Monitor and compile KPI reports on social media and community engagement activities.
AMBASSADORS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Identify exciting partnerships and collaborations that align with our brand and business goals and bring them to fruition.
- Develop actionable strategies on bringing community building perspective to all partnerships and activations.
- Lead the strategy on pop-ups and other IRL activations, integrating social media, community engagement and media.
- Develop and oversee all PR efforts, including strategy around thought leadership and content marketing. Develop PR strategies and programs that will move the dial.
- Create compelling messaging and coach spokespeople on Knix’s product and brand.
- Act as the key point of contact with media on all things related to product, brand and community initiative.
- Select and manage agency partners for new marketing campaigns, events and activations.
- Monitor and compile KPI reports on agency ROI.
LEADERSHIP & DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Lead, develop and manage direct reports, fostering an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
- Actively recruit, hire and retain talent for the Brand marketing team.
- Accountable to the development and monitoring of all Brand Marketing budgets on a project, initiative, agency and/or function basis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Creative, Finance, Operations, Design & Merchandising and other teams in order to move Marketing and overall business objectives forward.
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing role with a focus on social media marketing, partnerships, business development, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports, with a strong focus on fostering the professional development and growth of your team.
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to find new opportunities for business growth
- Experience marketing consumer products or apparel.
- Experience managing a social marketing team—you know what works and what doesn’t.
- Strong communicator and brand advocate.
- A motivated, positive, proactive, and transparent attitude.