Knix is on the hunt for a Financial Analyst who will be a key support in ensuring that Knix’s finances are running smoothly day-to-day! From journal entries, payments, analysis, financial reporting – to ad hoc projects, this is an excellent opportunity for any up-and-coming finance person to roll up their sleeves and help a company grow!
- You have hands on experience with supporting the daily flow of finances, such as booking journal entries, performing reconciliations on various accounts, and some basic financial reporting.
- You enjoy analysis and details and you want to learn new things.
- Being organized is in your DNA! You have a great system to keep yourself and your files organized. You always make sure you have back-up documentation in everything you do.
- You love finance and want to develop your skills by obtaining exposure to a high-growth company.
MONTHLY CLOSING OF THE BOOKS
- Prepare and book journal entries with support from the Director of Finance.
- Prepare bank and other account reconciliations.
- Analyze specific revenue and expense lines.
- Other ad hoc account analysis as required.
SUPPORT DAILY TRANSACTIONAL FLOW
- Prepare payments for review.
- Attach documentation for payments and other transactions into the Accounting System and/or filing for support.
- Prepare and process payroll after review by the Director of HR.
- Help to prepare budgets, with direction from the Director of Finance.
- Run reporting on actual spend by departments, identifying any areas for correction.
- Run and create transaction reports, and identify any anomalies.
- Support any specific projects and financial analysis required for company initiatives.
- CPA designation or working towards a CPA designation.
- Experience working with accounting softwares. QuickBooks would be an asset.
- Strong Excel skills,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to focus on transactional level work but also have some perspective on the outcome of analysis work.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the willingness to learn and have fun! We are a fun team and enjoy our work and time together at work.
Think you fit with Knix? Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org wit